BECOME A WORLD CLASS PERSONAL TRAINER AND FITNESS COACH
If you are passionate about fitness and enjoy helping others become stronger and make this your career, then this course will place you in the best place off the starting block. Developed by World Class Fitness Champions – Augustine Lee and Joan Liew, this intensive and in-depth course equips students with practical skills and application of core fitness principles and techniques that are essential in Personal Training.
This programme allows individuals to build up the essential skills and to learn how to apply confidently and effectively as a fitness professional, ranging from creating bespoke training programme design, provide basic nutrition plans to delivering great coaching techniques to enable clients to successfully attain their health and fitness goals.
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for those who are seeking to:
- Attain basic qualification in Personal Training and Fitness Coaching
- Embark on a career within the health and fitness industry
- Hone practical skills and to build capabilities, upgrade or re-skill in the fitness sector
- Adopt a professional approach in coaching related knowledge, to enhance skills and technique to enhance employability
The Personal Trainer and Fitness Coaching Course has been designed to equip graduates with knowledge and competencies in the following:
- Human Anatomy
- Exercise Physiology
- Biomechanics and Applied Kinesiology
- Resistance Training Exercises
- Flexibility and Stretching
- Nutrition, Hydration, Diet and Weight Management
- Role & Scope of a Personal Trainer
- Fundamental Training and Dynamic Coaching Techniques
- Conducting Client Consultations, Screening and Evaluation
- Fitness Assessment Selection and Administration
- Training Program Design and Execution
- Facility and Equipment Layout and Maintenance
- Workplace Safety and Injury Prevention
This weekend-intensive course is formatted as 3 modules spanning 13 weeks. It encompasses intensive contact hours encompassing lectures and tutorials as well as observation, personal practice and teaching practice hours.
All hours within each modular block must be completed before progressing on to the next module.
Class size is deliberately kept to a maximum of 6 students per intake in order to provide an optimal learning environment which maximizes instructor to student interaction.
ASSESSMENT & GRADING
100% attendance at all Intensive Contact Hours as well as completion of all other Hours within each module is mandatory.
Participants must attain a minimum of an 85% pass in the written examination at the end of each module, and obtain a satisfactory grading by supervising instructors on the Observation, Personal Practice and Teaching Practice Hours before graduating on to next modules and completion of the course.
Upon successful completion of the course, all graduates will receive a Certificate in Personal Training conferred by the Joan & Augustine Pro Academy
Joan and Augustine Pro Academy is an accredited training centre by the Institute of Technical Education, Singapore.
Passing grade on GCE O/N Levels or equivalent.
Inclusive of registration, course material, examination and gym access for mandatory course work. In event of partial course completion, we regret that refunds will not be awarded.
Intensive Contact Hours timetable per module will be released prior to the start of each module. Self-scheduling of Observation, Personal Practice and Teaching Practice Hours is subject to timeslot availability and at the final discretion of course instructors.
In tandem, all students must self-obtain / maintain a valid Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate prior to completion of Module 3.