A modern woman in every sense of the word… that’s how one would describe Asian bodybuilding champion Joan Liew. Armed with personal credentials in both fitness and nutrition, Joan has excelled time and again throughout her competitive career as well as established a solid reputation in her 22 years of professional and business life.
Amongst the numerous accolades she has collected is her coveted gold medal in the Women’s Physique category at the prestigious USA Arnold Amateur in 2014.
And besides running Fitness Factory, Joan provides fitness and nutritional advice to various publications. She is also an adjunct lecturer at Nanyang Polytechnic as well as an examiner for ISSN Sport Nutrition Specialist and FISAF Personal Trainer Certification Courses.
“Beauty isn’t just what’s outside – it radiates from within. Women today face a lot of demands and for us to cope, we need to be fit. We need to be sensitive to what our bodies are telling us and design our fitness routines accordingly.”
– Joan Liew
- Advance Sport Nutrition (CISSN) certified, ISSN
- American Council of Exercise (ACE) certified personal trainer
- Fitness Nutrition Specialist (NASM)
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
- Diploma in Health Studies (Nutrition)- American Institute of Arts and Science
- Diploma in Sport and Wellness Management – Nanyang Polytechnic
- Bachelor of Commerce (Marketing) – University of Western Australia
- Certified Fitness Instructor and Personal Trainer – Federation of International Sports Aerobics & Fitness, Inc. (FISAF)
- Adjunct Lecturer- Nanayang Polytechnic
- Appointed Lecturer and Examiner – Federation of International Sports Aerobics & Fitness, Inc. (FISAF)
- Certified Fitness Trainer – International Sports Science Association (ISSA)
- Specialist in Performance Nutrition – International Sports Sciences Association (ISSA)
- Certified APEX Fitness Trainer – APEX Fitness Group
- Certified Fitness Instructor – Singapore Sports Council
Awards & Accolades
- Arnold Amateur Women Physique (Tall) (3rd Place) 2015
- Arnold Amateur Women Physique (Tall) Champion (1st Place) 2014
- Arnold’s Amateur Women’s Bodybuilding 2013 (2nd Place), Ohio Columbus, USA
- HK International Invitation Bodybuilding and Fitness Championship 2013, 2nd Place, Hong Kong
- NPC Tournament of Champions 2010, 2012: 1st Place, Los Angeles USA
- Gold Medalist – Asian Women’s Bodybuilding Championship
- Gold Medalist – 1st Open Invitational Asian Women’s Championships, Welterweight Category (2006)
- Gold Medalist – Asian Games, Women’s Bodybuilding, Heavyweight Category (2000, 2002)
- Top Fitness Manager, Singapore (2003)
- Top Fitness Manager of the Year, Asia (2001)
- Employee of the Year, California Fitness Centers (1999)
Simply visit us at our central location in the heart of the city.
You will find a safe and cosy environment for exercising in complete comfort and privacy.
82 Boat Quay, #03-01 Singapore 049870
(facing Parliament House, just by South Bridge Road).
Call us at 65350851 today